2-year-old’s dire warning saves his family from a fire just in the nick of time – “mama, hot!”

Even though Brandon Dahl is still learning how to speak, he has already established himself as a hero to many.

When he woke up in the middle of the night, the rest of his family had gone to sleep, and he had become aware of a fire fast-growing inside their living room, where the child was resting. He was staying there because he had been unwell, and his parents wanted him to be closer to their room so they could rest.

Credit: facebook.com/Latin Groove News 

Although ferocious flames surrounded him, this courageous young child made his way to his parent’s room to inform them that something was wrong.

“He patted me on the bottoms of my feet in bed while coughing and said, ‘Mama, it’s hot.'” “‘Mama, you’re hot,'” his mother, Kayla Dahl, said. “I walked around the corner. Only when I glanced that I saw the flames at the doorway.”

Their fire alarm didn’t go off until it was too late, even though they had a fire detector that had just been installed a year before it. Aside from that, both of the toddler’s parents, Kayla and Nathan Dahl, were still suffering from loss of taste and smell due to their COVID-19 experience.

Kayla started to scream, “fire,” which roused Nathan from his sleep. In his capacity as a volunteer firefighter, he first anticipated being called upon to rescue both his family and their home. However, when he saw that the flames had already risen to 6 feet in height, his intentions were altered.

Credit: facebook.com/Decatur Fire Department

“I felt my heart plummet,” he added. “I had a suspicion that this home would be demolished in my brain. “We had to get out of here.”

They were out of the house in less than a minute, making their way to their neighbor’s yard across the street, something they had rehearsed with their children several times before.

While they waited for firefighters to arrive, Nathan shut off the gas to their home from the outside to reduce the likelihood of an explosion occurring inside the house. However, when the winds increased in strength, he became concerned that they would encounter a new difficulty.

I walked over to Kayla, who was on the phone with 911 and told her, ‘See, look. “We’re on the verge of having more than one structural fire,” he said.

Fortunately, nine separate fire companies and an emergency medical services department were on the scene within minutes, preventing the fire from spreading to further houses or businesses. Unfortunately, it was much too late to get it to the Dahl’s place in time.

They had utterly destroyed everything they possessed, except for what they were wearing at the time. This included both of their automobiles.

“You hear folks say things like, ‘I lost everything,'” says the author. Kayla shared her thoughts. “Until something like that occurs to you, you don’t know how serious it is.”

Credit: facebook.com/Latin Groove News 

As the Dahl family struggles to put their lives back together, they are thankful that they are not doing it on their behalf. They have not only gotten widespread support from the community, but they have also received innumerable messages from strangers after sharing their experiences online.

Their journey is far from over, but they’re taking things one day at a time. For the time being, they are renting a house, but they want to one day redevelop the site of their former home.

Credit: facebook.com/Latin Groove News 

And as far as their worldly goods are concerned, their buddy Chelsea Malson has taken good care of them. She set up a GoFundMe account for them, having collected more than $29K.

According to Kayla, “We didn’t anticipate even half of the support that we’ve gotten.” “We’re overwhelmed with gratitude.”

Credit: facebook.com/Latin Groove News 

When the Dahl family thinks back on that awful night, they still can’t believe they wouldn’t have made it out alive if it hadn’t been for their 2-year-old son.

“I’m beyond grateful to God that we’re still alive,” Nathan expressed his gratitude. “He rescued our family from certain death. In my perspective, there isn’t a shred of doubt.”

“Brandon most certainly had a guardian angel assist him in getting out of that living room,” Kayla continued. It’s nothing short of a miracle, to put it mildly. “It’s nothing short of a miracle.”

Credit: facebook.com/Latin Groove News 

Make a point of telling a buddy about this tale.